Itchiness in your skin can be quite annoying and frustrating leaving you uncomfortable all the time. You are also likely to be unable to concentrate on your work, studies or house errands. The reason behind it can be anything; insect bite, mosquito bite, allergy or skin problem. Although, you can consult a doctor but it gets very expensive. Therefore there are some itchy skin tips that might help you with it.
How to Prevent Itchy skin and Dry Skin at Home:
- This might sound strange but you can overcome itching on your skin by using clay. Clay will be very useful for the itching that is caused by insect bites, like wasp, mosquito, honey bee or grasshopper. These insects leave a stinging sensation which causes irritation. The clay will help to absorb all the venom transferred to you through that bite. The best type of clay for this purpose is montmorillonite clay and green clay is the strongest.
Using clay is not difficult at all. You can use any soft fabric like cotton; make sure it’s clean and unused. Put fresh clay on the surface of the cloth and tie on the skin which is affected.
You can secure it in place with a piece of tap or cling plastic wrap to avoid contact with clothes. After 4 hours your clay pack will be hardened and when you will take it off you will not feel itchiness anymore.
- Apple cider vinegar is another itchy skin tip. It acts as a fungal and bacteria killer. This tip can be used by people who have itchy skin due to dryness. The method is quite simple. All you need is a cotton ball to apply the raw apple cider vinegar on the itchy parts of your body.
- You can also use both Clay and Apple Cider Vinegar together as itchy skin remedy. You are only required to make a little change to the Clay remedy. At first you were using water to make clay for the skin, but now skip water and use apple cider vinegar instead to make the pack. It will do wonders.
- Another very useful itchy skin remedy is a nature’s gift Aloe Vera which can be used to treat so many things sitting at home. Even the beauty products sold for handsome amount of money use Aloe Vera in the products. If you have an Aloe Vera plant at home, break one leaf and cut it from the center length wise. There will be the sticky gel part, take it out with a spoon and a knife and gently apply it on the itching area. You can store the leftover leaf in the refrigerator and use it again whenever you want. These natural itchy skin tips are also useful of kids and children’s.
- In addition, itchy skin remedy also includes the basil leaves. Get a few basil leaves and crush them into small particles and rub on the affected area of your skin. Make sure the leaves you use are fresh.
- You can also use the peppermint leaves to treat itchy skin. You can easily find these leaves, crush them well and just like you apply fresh basil seeds, apply peppermint leaves. By rubbing it on your skin. This itchy skin remedy is for the insect bite related irritations. There is another tip to store the leaves powder to use it again. Take a clean ice holder and fill it up with filtered clean water. Add the powder to each cube and let it freeze. The coolness of the ice will soothe the skin and lessen any swelling, these are known to be the best itchy skin tips to get rid of itchy skin problems.
- Fruit peels and oatmeal can be used in the right way to treat your itchy skin. Apply uncooked oatmeal mixed with water to your face to get rid of itchiness. Seven best itchy skin tips to quickly get relief are listed above and we recommend you to use these home remedies for itchy skin treatment instead of using the medicines.